Thursday 14 March 2013

Introductory post

Ooh, a blank canvas. A tool for me to turn pirouettes, streak nudely, throw mud at and do what I like on. A blank canvas reeks of possibility and before I have even begun, Attila the wife has criticised the name of it. This is the woman who just blew her nose into a hanky, proudly showed me a green glowing globule of snot and then told me it is the same word in Danish. So the name stays thank you very much.

"Hmmm..." Jono dans la pensĂ©e
Taken at the Mussel Inn, Golden Bay. Go there, it's fab-ooo-lus
.

I suppose there had better be a reason for the creation of this blog and some sort of justification for sharing my thoughts with the rest of the world. I would like to imagine that I am too pretty not to appear on the internet and if someone is going to publish pictures of my boobs it ought to be me. Other flimsy rationales include that I just want to, I like writing and I have some pretty clear opinions on things that either amuse me, confound me or irritate me. I also want to share in the things that bring me joy: things like chutney, making sausages, making faces, the thought of the next pint. I'm a bit of a simpleton really. A chutney-loving, sausage and face making, pint dreaming simpleton. Conversely, I want to share in the things that move me to anger and there will be a photo-journal included of things that can get fucked. So as I sit developing what was a stark, bare white page, I invite you to read, enjoy and peruse my new blog. Grab a cup of tea, a cheering pint or ruminative whisky and share my developing dream. 


You may even get to see my boobs.